Radiators themselves may not be the cause of noise. The townsfolk resort to rather radical methods: replacing radiators, overhauling them, etc. But, as it turns out later, such measures do not always get rid of noise. However, it can be argued that the sounds that have arisen in the heating system signal to us about the violation of the operating mode. First of all, let’s consider the possible causes of the noise and ways to eliminate it:
- The flow of the working medium that enters the batteries may be too intense. By nature, it resembles the sound of an ordinary tap when it is open. The turbulent force of the coolant flow is not a threat if you resort to installing a water pressure regulator. With it, you can set all the necessary parameters.
- Often noises indicate an air plug in the upper part of the radiator. Its sections may not be completely filled with water, so it will be easiest to release air or other gases. It is possible to do this manually, or equip the battery with an automatic valve if such problems occur with a regular frequency.
- Heating devices may resonate due to inappropriate pressure produced by the circulation pump. The fact is that pumps and pumping stations that are installed to ensure the flow of coolant can operate without meeting the planned performance and pressure indicators. In this case, read the instructions for setting up the pumping equipment in more detail, set the parameters of turnover, pressure and performance according to the requirements and capabilities of your system. For maximum confidence, experts recommend installing anti-vibration fittings between the pump and the pipes themselves.
- The most banal reason for the appearance of noise is the mismatch of the brackets with the points of support of heating devices. Therefore, the sounds of metal impacts during heating or cooling of the system are the consequences of uncompensated thermal expansion. But by putting rubber gaskets on the bracket, you will get rid of unwanted noise.
- In addition to physical reasons, noise can also cause incorrect technical calculations. When designing the heat supply system, certain freedom of movement during the thermal expansion of the metal could not be taken into account. As a result, noise is transmitted through the pipes to the heating devices themselves, accompanied by a characteristic tapping. The influence of thermal linear expansion of pipelines can be minimized with the help of a hidden gasket, insulation, inside which the movement of pipes will become free.
- Check the temperature control valve at the radiator, it may be incorrectly adjusted.
- Finally, the problem may well be hidden in the incorrect operation of the water heating boiler. According to the rules, its operation should last 20-40 minutes, followed by shutdown for more than an hour. Frequent switching on and off of the boiler indicates that the coolant flow is poorly regulated, and the radiators are not functioning at full capacity. The established norms state that the power of the boiler itself should not be more than 80% of the power of the heating batteries, since only in this case can the optimal operating mode of the system be guaranteed.